ITUFSD

ITUFSD

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Interview with Vice-Principal Amanda Steele By Nicholas Isaacs

Interview with Vice-Principal Amanda Steele
By Nicholas Isaacs

Here is my interview with our new Vice-Principal, Amanda Steele!

What do you hope to accomplish as Vice-Principal?

It is my hope to bring the students and staff of ITMMS even closer together through new programs, updates to the building, community events, and tons of positive communication!

What are some of the challenges of being a vice-principal?

One of the greatest challenges so far has been keeping up with a very busy schedule. As Assistant Principal, it's important to me that everyone feels valued and heard. Sometimes the day gets so busy and I worry I might not have been there for someone who needed me. It's a juggling act sometimes.

What are your favorite parts of being a vice-principal?

In this new position, I have the wonderful opportunity to visit classrooms of all grade levels and subject areas. I am learning so much from my visits. It's fantastic! Plus, whenever I feel as though I miss teaching, I visit a classroom and get to interact with students and teachers. It makes me really happy!

There's been a lot of changes in school so far. What changes can students expect coming up?

So many wonderful changes!!! You'll see soon enough!

What are your favorite events that happen at Island Trees Memorial Middle School?

Sports Night is one of my very favorites! I am competitive by nature so it's right up my alley! And next week at Sports Night 2016, you'll get to see me and the teachers in action competing in events! Exciting!

What kind of advice would you give to the students of Island Trees to have a good learning experience?

Be kind to yourself and to one another. Enjoy every moment, every class, every teacher. Life goes by quickly and before you know it, you'll be on your way to college with an awesome Island Trees education under your belt!