ITUFSD

ITUFSD

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

An Interview with Mr. Groneman

Mr. Groneman: The One and Only
Image result for jeremy groneman

  1. How long have you been teaching? This year is my 9th year teaching.
  2. What is your favorite subject to teach? I love to teach all subjects but I personally enjoy science.
  3. About how long would you say that your nightly homework takes students? I try to give homework that can be done in 30 minutes or less. But I know that Math work can sometimes take students longer if they find it difficult.
  4. How do you find appropriate and fun learning targets for the students? I try to think about what’s most important about a lesson and what would be the most enjoyable way to learn that thing. I like to look online and find out fun ways that other teachers are teaching the same subject.
  5. Did you have a profession before teaching? Lots of  part time jobs, but no other profession.
  6. Have you EVER given out a serious detention to another pupil and meant it? If so, what would you driven yourself to do so? I’ve never given very serious detention. Usually just lunch and recess for missing assignments.
  7. If you had the opportunity to change your job, would you? If so, to what? I love my job because I get to work with children in a meaningful way. I do enjoy working outside with plants in the environment. If I had a second job, it would be something to do with that. Maybe landscape architect or an urban farmer.
  8. What drove you to become a teacher? I love to learn. I think it’s really important for people to try to understand as much as they can about the world they live in. I wanted to be part of that experience for kids. All kids are required by law to attend school. I figured if I was their teacher, they would at least have fun and enjoy learning in the process. Once they find out how awesome it is to learn new things, they will always want to do it. If they keep learning, they can accomplish whatever they want to in life.
  9. How do you think your students view you? I think my students think that I love to learn and that I’m pretty fun. I like being silly in class, it makes for a better learning environment.
  10. How do you teach your students, or what is your aim when you’re teach?  My aim is always to try to convey that learning is important and that no matter how difficult something seems at first, there are ways to make everything understandable. Effort is the most important skill that students can have. And the good news is that it’s within your control! Everyone can choose to try hard, pay attention, and refuse to give up. If they do that, they will grow as a student and as a person.