ITUFSD

ITUFSD

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Star Wars: The New York City Exhibition

Star Wars: The New York City Exhibition
By Nicholas Isaacs

The most popular movie in the world right now is Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens. The budget to make this movie was over $200 million, but in just over two weeks it has made $1.3 billion, and hasn’t even opened in China! I have been a big fan of the movies, the spin off cartoons, all of the Star Wars video games and toys for as long as I can remember. So you can imagine my excitement when I got the chance to see the actual costumes and props in Discovery Times Square in New York City. The exhibition held about 70 of the original costumes from the Star Wars movies, and a lot of  weapons, props, and behind the scenes information. I learned that some of the costumes worn by Princess Amidala were actually based on Mongolian princesses. I also learned that the Darth Vader costume was designed to resemble a Japanese Samurai. And something very shocking that I learned, Boba Fett’s costume was originally supposed to be the costume for Darth Vader! Some other costumes I saw there were Chewbacca, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, C3PO, R2D2, Darth Vader, Princess Amidala and Leia, Anakin Skywalker, and Yoda. They even had costumes from the new movie, such as the stormtroopers, an X-wing pilot, Rey, Finn, and even the actual BB-8 droid!
 
I highly recommend checking out this amazing exhibit. For tickets and more info, you can contact Discovery Times Square at 866-987-9692.