ITUFSD

ITUFSD

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Mrs. Nieves - Teacher Interview

Teacher Interview With Mrs. Nieves
By: Kristi Denninger & Thomas Hennessy

Mrs. Nieves was one of my favorite teachers. She believes in all her students.  As a teacher she is wonderful and one of the best and she is an even better person. -Kristi


Mrs.Nieves was also one of my favorite teachers, too. She was the one who made me more interested in learning and joining the National Junior Honor Society. -Thomas



Question: When did you decide you wanted to be a teacher?
Answer: “I wanted to become a teacher in 3rd grade when my teacher gave us homework on the weekend. The question was what do you want to be when you grow up and because I was mad, I said a teacher.”  


Question: How long have you been teaching for?
Answer: “Too long. Since 1984.”


Question: How long have you been doing National Junior Honor Society?
Answer: “Me and Mrs. Harouche have been doing it for about 7 years.”


Question: What would you say to kids who wanna join NJHS?
Answer: “Work hard. Join school clubs. Be respectful, kind, and considerate. It’s not just grades, it’s about who you are.”


Question: What is your favorite subject to teach kids?
Answer: “Social studies, because I love learning about our country and our world but mostly about our country.”


Question: Would you open up your book club to the whole school?
Answer: “I would consider it if enough kids showed interest in it.”


Thanks for reading our teacher interview with Mrs. Nieves. Tune in next time for the next teacher interview!