ITUFSD

ITUFSD

Friday, October 3, 2014

Holy Trinity's Basketball Season Ended with a Horrible 0-12 Season, Hopes to Bounce Back Stronger.

By Ian Silverstein
Bulldog Staff Writer
6th Grade Student
ITMMS
October 1st, 2014
_________________________________
Ian writes of his experience on the Holy Trinity basketball team located in Hicksville, New York. This year, he hopes that they will come back stronger.
_________________________________


The last game of Trinity's last season made it official: they went all defeated. No wins, all losses. They hope to make a major comeback this upcoming season.

This season, they will most likely lose the 6th grader big man, Ricky Petralia. He was a big help on defense, a solid player who was able to get rebounds for Trinity. He was able to make short-range shots, and was decent from mid-range.

I'm not gonna lie to you-Trinity's game was kind of ugly. They lost most of their games by a wide margin. Very few games were even within a 10 point difference, which is still pretty bad.

I (Ian Silverstein), starting small forward, want to lead the team to victory. I was once nicknamed the "rebound machine", because I was able to get boards. I can still do it. I'm not going to make myself sound like LeBron James now, because I am not THAT good. But, I can shoot mid-range shots, and get rebounds. Plus, I will make a 3-pointer every once in a while. But the reason I feel like I can lead the team to victory is because of my attitude. In fact, I only averaged 2 points a game that season.

I feel like I have the attitude to take control of a team. When I'm on the court, or even on the bench, I feel like a coach, telling each other to communicate better and stuff like that. My goal this year: to make sure the team doesn't lose more than 7 games. I have a good team with me to achieve that goal.

My fellow teammate, Kenneth, is a player who reminds me of Amar'e Stoudemire because he has a nice game, but not the BEST game you'll ever see. I'm kinda like that, too. I'm no Jordan, but I'm also no Scalabrine. That's also how Kenneth is, and a few of my other teammates. We are a solid team, and we can make the playoffs this season if we put 110% effort into every single game and practice.


All I can say is that I'm really pumped for this season, and I can't wait to see how the team and I do this season.